Monday, May 19, 2008

Friendly and brave little squirrel

The other day I had just got done putting food in the bird feeder that is on the back porch!! There is always food on the porch that for some reason the birds don't eat, like the nuts!! I was on the phone and RaeLynn began yelling at me "Squirrel, mama, squirrel!!" When I looked outside the bird house was knocked over, and there was a squirrel trying to get anything and everything he could off the ground. I gave RaeLynn a handful of food and told her to go put in the ground, well instead the squirrel came right up to her and started eating out of her hand!! She loved it, and so did the squirrel! She followed him around everywhere and he didn't seem to mind at all!! Of course when the squirrel left RaeLynn wanted wasn't very happy!!














RaeLynn and Ainzlee wearing hats! SO adorable!!


Raelynn on the slide!! Ainzlee and Mama at the park!
















10 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow what a brave squirrel! Does it often return?? Doe she get breakfast every day now at your home?

Marcie said...

That is crazy! A good meal at the hardys is hard to pass up I guess even for squirrels.

Ashlee said...

I still can't believe that!!! Those pics are priceless!! :)

Jessica said...

that is too funny, and i love that rae's out there in her undies!! is it seriously warm enough for that?? well your girls are adorable and you look great!

Mily said...

Hey Hardys! These are cool pics of Raelynn feeding the squirrel. Arlee, you look fabulous. Love your hair! Your girls are so adorable!

Jerolyn and Matt said...

Raelynn has more guts than I do! What a brave girl (and squirrel too, I guess)!

Erin Darrington said...

I'm glad it wasn't a monte python squirrel!

Dalling Family said...

How fun for Rae! I still remember feeding a squirrel at Yellowstone when I was not too much older than her...great memory maker!

Sandy said...

Your girls are so adorable! Also I love your haircut you look really good with that short bob! Not that i didn't like it before, this just shows that you can pull off any style cause your so cute! I can't believe the squirrel came right up to her. She would be in heaven here cause there are tonz of squirrels that run around outside our apartment. So has it come back yet? Anyways hope your all doing good we miss ya!

Sandy said...

You might want to watch out, I had a young mens leader who would have played professional baseball, but when he was in college his rooms mates had a pet squirrel and one day it bit him on his pitching arm and he almost died from it, it took him years to fully recover from the bit.
This is ryan not sandy