Love you, RaeLynn
Thursday, January 15, 2009
"MAMA, look what I did,......"
So the other day as I was rocking Ainzlee to sleep for her morning nap, RaeLynn was sitting at the table coloring, playing with stickers, and well being pretty crafty! She asked if she could have some scissors because she wanted to cut the lines. I got the scissors for her, and continued rocking Ainzlee to sleep. I finally got Ainzlee to sleep about 15 minutes later, meanwhile, RaeLynn was still at the table. I put Ainzlee in her bed, and decided to change the laundry, when RaeLynn said, " Mama, look what I did, I CUT MY HAIR!" So immediately I ran over to her and started examining her hair, trying to find that huge clump, or a bald spot, something. But nothing, I couldn't tell that she had even cut it! I looked down and there it was her beautiful red hair lying on the table! OK I probably freaked out for no reason but you always hear those horror stories about kids cutting their own hair, and well now I know how it feels! I am just glad that she cut it from the bottom, and well it really wasn't that much, she just added some more layers! Needless to say she wasn't allowed to cut with the scissor anymore that day! I am pretty sure she won't ever do that again because of the way I reacted, I think I pretty much terrified her!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I cut my own hair once when I was a kid. Okay, butchered it more like. And then my mom had to chop the rest off, so I had a little boy's haircut for a while. Needless to say, I never cut my own hair again!
oh my gosh! I've been needing a haircut, maybe Raelynn could cut mine! ;)
Yikes! I would freak out too! Silly Girl!
Scary! Austin tried cutting his hair...Austin and scissors don't go in the same sentence. At least for a few more years. :)
Oh, I was so worried you were going to show us pictures of a huge chunk of hair missing up front by her forehead. Good job RaeLynn......get it out of your system with just a little bit of hair!!
Holy cow! That's a mother's worst nightmare! At least she didn't totally cut it! Hope you guys are doing well! What are your plans now that Stu has graduated? Hopefully we'll get to catch up with you guys soon! Take care!
When I was little, i drove my mom nuts all the time by trying to cut my own hair. I would steal the scissors and lock myself in the bathroom & butcher my bangs. Yeah, they were pretty bad, so then I would try and fix them...until all i had left were some stubs. One day you will both laugh about this. Just be grateful she has more style and taste than I did. Like you said, all she did was add an extra layer to her hair. :)
Wow- glad that it wasn't a big chunk either! I would have freaked and freak if Madison ever cut her hair!!
She looks so grown up too! Crazy how time flys!
You got lucky Arlee! I've seen some pretty bad ones that mommies want me to fix...YIKES!
Love ya!
Hey you! I am going private on my blog. If you want; send me your email address and I can give you an invite! beckysuehatch@gmail.com Love ya!
Becky Sue
You have a hairstylist in the making!! It is funny what they come up with and are so proud of themselves for it!!
Post a Comment