Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Where do they come up with these things??

It has kinda become a family tradition on Sunday evenings to watch videos of the girls when they were younger. And RaeLynn just loves it, well I think she just likes watching herself on the TV! But it has been a lot of fun watching them and seeing the girls reaction to the video of themselves!! This past sunday we were watching Christmas 2007, our first Christmas with just us as a family and well Derek was living with us too! I was WAY pregnant with Ainzlee!(she was born 14 days later!) RaeLynn was so fascinated with my BIG belly as she would call it!! She kept saying, "Baby Ainzlee in your tummy!" So as we are enjoying the video RaeLynn starts asking questions!(and you can all guess where this is leading, right? hahaha)

Rae- "Mama how did you get that baby in your tummy?"
Mama- I am thinking what am I suppose to say. "I just did."
Rae-"Did you cut a whole in your tummy and put a baby in there?"
Mama- "No, RaeLynn when two people like mama and papa love each other a lot they can get a baby from Heavenly Father."
Rae- "Ohh, does the baby come out your bum?"
Mama- "Something like that." Where does she come up with these things? I don't know what I should have said, or what I would say again if she were to ask me again! And I am pretty sure she will, so I have been thinking about what to say! I don't think she needs to know just yet where a baby comes from! The funny thing is I was the one answering Rae's questions, where was Stuart!!? He just sat there and said I did a good job!! Thanks honey!! No Stuart was a lot help and I am thankful he was there to back me up if I needed it! I just didn't want to forget this little moment we had with our wonderful daughter!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

That is hilarious! When I was pregnant with Evan, Emma was about 3 1/2. She asked me how the baby got in there....I said "Um...Dad put it in there." She just said "Ew gross!" I don't how she thought he did, but that was the end of that conversation! But alas, they get older and they do have to be told some day *shudder*!

Jeff and Aubry said...

Oh dear! That is too funny! It's hard to know what to say when they catch you off guard like that. Claire isn't quite there yet, but I know in primary when odd (yet quite funny) questions come up, I always think of how I should have answered them after church is over! I will admit, I will probably have no clue what to say when those types of questions come up! You did great!

Erin Darrington said...

that's awesome! i love your little family!

Taylor said...

Wow - that was hilarious! Ugh - not exacted for that part of being a parent!

Becky Sue said...

Hee hee hee! That is so funny! What a girl! We sure miss you RaY!!

Jerolyn and Matt said...

That's hilarious! I'm definitely not looking forward to that conversation! Good job with the answers, though! And good job to Stu, too! :) Hope you guys are doing well!

maynardmoments said...

HAHA! Isn't the "question age" so much fun.

Dalling Family said...

Sooo really, where did that baby come from?! Oh man, gotta love kids and their honesty!