Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Quick weekend to Hermiston

Friday we headed to Hermiston last miunte!! On the way we stop at the Fish Hatchery and saw a ton of sturgeon, and rainbow trout! We also saw Herman the sturgeon who is over 7 feet long, and very old!(sorry no pics of Herman) The girls had a blast!
Saturday we hang out around pop and grammy's house! Later that even we went to the Umatilla County Fair and Rodeo Parade!! It was the never ending parade, but the kids had a blast and loaded up on tons of candy!! Hermiston is famous for its watermelons, so if you ever have a chance to get one, do it!! The are SO YUMMY!!
The whole reason we went to Hermiston was to be there for Sunday because Benjamin was being ordained an Elder! Thanks Ben for inviting us to take part in such an awesome accomplishment. Bummer Derek and Stephanie weren't able to be there, because this was last minute and they are in Georgia visiting her family! But we are excited to see them in a couple of weeks when Benjamin will be going through the temple! See everyone soon!!

6 comments:

acandiedapple said...

How fun! That's is so exciting for Ben. You guys look so cute! I'm planning a trip in October. It would be awesome to see you guys. I haven't bought tickets but I'm thinking Oct. 4 to 11th. I'll let you know for sure.

The Henriksons said...

It was fun to with you guys in Hermiston. And look forward to seeing you there again soon. You will have to come to our house before then!! Millie

Chance and Alisha said...

looks like you guys are having a great time! I'm sure it's nice to now just be a little drive from home so you can make these last minute trips. We miss you guys.

maynardmoments said...

Wow, your girls are getting so big! Obviously it has been too long since we have seen eachother. Miss you guys, but glad life is treating you well.

The Maughan-sters said...

I love how Stu towers over everyone else :-) Love family pictures. We're glad you guys are doing well. We miss you!!!!

Melissa said...

The fish hatchery!! That's so cool, Tyler and I stopped there on the way to Hermiston for your wedding reception :) Good times!!